January 21, 2014

My January Mantle

My January Mantle




I have been having fun decorating my fireplace mantle. Since this is the first time I have had a fireplace, I have realized how fun it is to decorate it!

How do you decorate for January?  What colors best fit cold weather (ok it was 80 degrees yesterday, here in Phoenix) and no major holiday.

My Christmas decor was silver and cream.  Here is my Winter Mantle.  I am still in love with the silver, and I decided to tie in a blue color, keeping some of the silver elements.  I think the colors are perfect for January.




I started with my Great-grandmother's vintage table runner. I just love the blues, greens and browns in the table runner. I draped it across the top, since I don't have a distinctive mantle.



I added my Great-grandmother's vintage blue vase.  I pulled some tan berries (that I used for my fall decor) to tie in the runner with the rest of the decor.




Before I had a fireplace, I had no idea how much fireplace tools are.  I fell in love with this Tool Set from Crate & Barrell.  But, for $199, it wasn't in the budget.  I kept my eye out at many different stores, but either didn't like the style or price tag.

 

I was thrilled to find some great deals.  I went to my local antique stores and Goodwill in search, and score I found some great deals!



I would love to hear your thoughts.  Have you found some great deals lately?  Where is your favorite place to find deals?




Linking Up!




Tater Tots & Jello
Classy Clutter


Too Much Time On My Hands
Suburbsmama





4 comments:

Angie Bailey said...

It looks great. I used to decorate my mantle for Christmas with Christmas villages and other similar decor. I have a double sided fire place (I live in a double wide) and one side is always decorated with pictures of the kids and the other side is decorated with Boyd's Bears. I'll have to start changing it up sometimes.

jamie @ [kreyv] said...

Looks great!

the Sweetest Memory said...

Angie, Thanks for stopping by! A double sided fireplace - how fun to decorate two separate mantles! Kari

the Sweetest Memory said...

Jamie- Thanks so much for the kind words, and for stopping by! Kari