December 31, 2013

My Winter Mantle



I have been wanting to share my winter mantle, but got caught up with all of the Christmas duties and festivities and haven't had a chance to share.  This is my first fireplace, and I have had such fun coming up with how to dress it up with each season.


I wanted drama to go with my simple, white brick fireplace so I looked for my silver and a splash of gold décor items to decorate my mantle.  My branches I had for my fall décor made a wonderful place to hang silver ornaments.  It was my husband's idea to use them again for my winter décor.  Nice idea!

My five year old added the pine cones from the back yard.  It has been a family affair!  The sugared garland and clear beaded sprays with the branches, were the only new items I added to this mantle.  All other items I have had for a couple of years, and never put them together.  It is fun to use what you have in new ways!



 The silver bowl, was my husband's grandmothers.  I debated cleaning it, but liked the oxidized look.  It gave a nice backdrop to my nativity scene.



I hope you enjoyed, and I would love to hear your comments! 
Happy New Year!  I hope you stop by again soon in 2014!
Kari



Linking Up:

Tatertots & Jello






No comments: