February 4, 2014

My Thrift Shop Finds & Sweet Pea Antique's in Camp Verde, Arizona



My newest series!  I have a big confession, I used to never set foot in a thrift store.  Being a bit of a germaphobe, I used to feel quite uncomfortable in thrift shops.  Although, I am better I make a beeline straight to the furniture and home ware sections. 

However, after seeing so many amazing transformations on blogs and pinterest, I had to check it out.  There are some amazing things out there!  I can't look at something the same anymore without thinking what it will look like with a little spray paint on it!  Here's my mug tree I revamped with some spray paint!

A few weeks ago, I was up visiting my husband's 98 year old grandmother in Camp Verde, Arizona.  While I was there, I had to stop at my favorite Antique shop: Sweet Pea Antiques.

It is the cutest antique shop, and there are so many different types of antiques for sale.  The amazing thing is their prices!  Everything is quite lovely, and quite affordable!

I was given a message from my husband, don't spend too much before I stepped out the door.  But, I still had to look!



I came up with these amazing finds, and you know what...  I got them all for $6.00!  That's three items, and I was out the door for 6 bucks.  You can't beat that!

The three part bowl is a perfect mate to a silver rimmed serving bowl I found at Goodwill right before Christmas.  It was the perfect serving bowl for my first Christmas dinner I hosted at my home.



I was short on serving spoons, and thought this one adds character to these bowls!  
(Now I can almost host a Downton Abbey party!)

And the cat...look for it on my Valentine's Day Mantle very soon.  


As soon as I saw it, I knew it would a perfect addition for my Valentine's Day decor.  My husband saws it is definitely not a Valentine's decoration.  I beg to differ!  I love the colors.

What have you found recently while antiquing/thrifting?  I have more to share, soon!




2 comments:

jamie @ [kreyv] said...

Very cool finds. I guarantee you're not going to find a lot of other cats like that, and original is good, right?! I love a quirky decoration!

the Sweetest Memory said...

Jamie,

Thank you so much for stopping by, and your lovely comment! The cat originally had a fishing pole, but it was missing when I bought it. I love it without!

Kari