May 17, 2012

Vintage Style Art - on the cheap

Vintage Style Art - on the cheap 

I created a fast and inexpensive family picture made from Scrapbook paper, and an awesome frame from Ikea for my Mother-in-law for Mother's Day.



I found this nice vintage style paper, and this great quote paper.  I selected my favorite saying for my Mother-in-Law's home.





I had this wonderful scrap of deep henna paper that I added to the back of the quote.  I stamped the quote on the edges to add a vintage feel.


I paired it with a blue patterned paper, her favorite color.

I then added this beautiful fabric ribbon.  I have used this on several projects, and it seems to tie in perfectly with anything. 




This is a fast and inexpensive accent to any home.  You can do any colors to match any decor.



Here's what I did for my living room:

I mixed framed scrapbook paper with black and white images.  You can see the post here.



And my daughter's room:


What have you done with scrapbook paper?  I would love to see!  Don't want to make it yourself?  I have a few listed in my Etsy shop.

Linking up:

Positively SplendidCraft & Telllollipops
Skip To My Lou









a href="http://www.positivelysplendid.com/" target="_blank">

No comments: