May 29, 2012

Embellishing a Wire Dress Form


Embellishing a Wire Dress Jewelry Holder

For my daughter's Style Party, I found this dress jewelry holder at Michael's.  I had my eye on it for a few weeks, but kept holding off buying it.  I was so excited when I finally found it to be on sale! 

It looked a little plain, so I thought I would add some tulle to it.  The party colors were Coral pink, Golden yellow and Medium gray.




1.  Start by cutting lengths of tulle.  I eyeballed the length of tulle by holding it up to the waist line, and having it come down on both sides. 







2.  Once, I found the desired length, I cut several pieces to fill the entire waist.








3.  Simply loop around the waist line, and fill in around the entire waist until reach your desired fullness.




4.  I finished off with a yellow sash and a bow at the shoulder.

I think it made the perfect touch for the entry table
at her party!


The full party details to come soon!


(A close up, excuse the photo quality!)

How do you like to use tulle?  I would love for you to share!




Linking Up:



a href="http://thewinthropchronicles.blogspot.com"> br />

No comments: