November 20, 2011

Winter Gardening



While others are getting their first snow, here in the desert it is fantastic gardening weather! I love being able to go out to my garden and pick veggies for dinner.



This year I have tried some new plants, radishes being one of them.  I planted them for my older daughter, who likes them (at least when we go out to restaurants) as one of her few vegetables she will eat.  I found a fun variety that are either red, pink or white.  Here's a few I picked for a salad.


I also picked my Argula, Red Leaf lettuce and chives to add to my salad.  It was delicious!  And, I didn't have to worry about it spoiling in the refrigerator before I could eat it.


My garden is fairly small, but I have a lot growing.  Arugula, Basil, Brocolli, Carrots, Chives, Cilantro, Cinnamon Basil, Eggplant, Garlic Chives, Mint, Parsley, Peas (2 varities), Radishes, Red Leaf Lettuce, Strawberries, Thyme.

What are you growing?  What are your gardening tips?  I would love to hear!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great garden - you pack a lot in there! I am also doing arugula and other lettuce varieties. We have two pepper plants, cherry tomatoes and brussel sprouts. Last year I did red onions which were SO fun. I am enjoying my salads this month and am looking forward to the late winter when we can plant the red onions again.

the Sweetest Memory said...

Thanks Mary! We tried brussel sprouts last year and they actually did pretty well. I never realized how they grew and they were so cute! I just didn't have enough space last year - I did cabbage, brocolli and brussel sprouts all in my small bed and it was too crowded.

You will have to tell me how you do the red onions. That does sound fun!