October 21, 2012

Fall Gardening!

 
FALL GARDENING!
 
My favorite thing in Fall is planting a garden!  In Arizona it is just too hot to grow a garden in the summer,
so I have withdrawls.
 
As the weather starts to cool, I can't wait to plant new plants.  This year the girls helped me plant (okay a little, and then they lost interest.)
 
I so enjoy seeing my plants popping up, it makes me so happy and calm to sit and enjoy the garden!
 
This year I planted lettuce, spinach, broccoli, radishes, carrots, onions, cilantro, dill, basil, parsley, lavender, and I am testing tomatoes and eggplant.  I am still planning on planting peas.
 
What are you Growing this year? 
Any tips?  I would love to hear!
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Eugenie said...

You are a very lovely family - I am smiling looking at your photo!

Sadly, we live in apartments and there is no garden. I would love to live in a house with a big garden, and there I would want a big fig tree (black figs please), a walnut tree, some cherry and apple trees; and then bushes - raspberry. gooseberry and blackberry (and no need for a tall fence); and of course strawberry and all the vegetables. And grapes. And roses. I would need a huge garden, that is for sure!

the Sweetest Memory said...

Thank you so much for your kind words and for stopping by!

Those all sound wonderful. My grandparents had a fig tree as well as apple, plum and apricot trees. When I was young I dind't like the figs, but I would LOVE a fig tree now!

I am addicted to cherries, so that would be wonderful, but sadly I don't think they would grow where I live and neither would the berry bushes.

Have a wonderful week! Kari