February 11, 2014

Vintage Inspired Valentine's Day Wreath

Vintage Inspired Valentine's Day Wreath


Love is in the air, and I needed a wreath on my fireplace mantle to go with my Valentine's day decor.

There are so many beautiful wreaths floating around out there, but it took me awhile to figure out what type to do.  I told myself I have to use materials I have at home.  I have yarn, fabric flowers galore, tons of ribbon, felt, some fabric, and the list goes on. 

Then I found inspiration!  Flamingo Toes Sweetheart Wreath

I bought this spool of burlap twine for my Grandmother's 80th birthday party.  We did this beautiful vintage inspired garden theme.  It was perfect.  

So I wrapped this cute little wreath I got at the Dollar Spot at Target for .30 cents!  I bought 3, not knowing what I was going to do with them.  Centerpieces, and wreaths later- it was time to make a Valentine's Day wreath.



So, this took quite sometime to wrap this mini-wreath.  All of you wreath-wrappers know out there!  I watched TV, I sat at the table, and set it down to get the kids off to bed.  





So the rest got finished late, and that is where my progress photos stopped!

I got stuck on what to decorate this lovely (but plain) wreath with.



Then I found my red polkadot ribbon!  It was the perfect setting with an old skeleton key from my father-in-law.  I love the key - Key to my heart, for Valentine's Day! 

The best part is, this wreath is glue free (mainly because I have no idea where my glue gun is!).  But, this makes it so flexible.  I just untie the bow and top ribbon and it's ready to go for another wreath.  Yes, this is why I couldn't find my glue gun, flexibility!



Here's a sneak peek with my Valentine's Day mantle! Remember the cat I talked about in my Thrift Shop Finds Post?  There he is.  Be sure to check back soon to see the full mantle pictures!

How are you decorating for Valentine's Day?

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: