February 28, 2014

Sweetest Pin - Shamrock Door Decor (Wreath)


This weeks Sweetest Pin is all about St. Patrick's Day!  
I have seen some beautiful wreaths out there, but this one is my absolute favorite!



I have been smitten with real shamrocks since high school, when my friend's mom gave me a shamrock plant.

Does anyone have a shamrock (oxalis) plant?  If you do, you would know that the leaves open and close with the sun.  Something I had never experienced before.  It makes me smile!  I will share with you my real shamrock plant on my porch soon.

So, when I saw this amazing take on a wreath by Blue Sky Confections, my heart skipped a beat!

She made this amazing door hanging with trimmings from her yard.  I am sure you can do it with faux plants too.

What do you think?  What is your favorite thing about 
St. Patrick's Day?


1 comment:

Poppy said...

Hi Kari,

So nice to meet you!!

your shamrock door wreath is simply beautiful and very creative!! Love the fresh essence of the leafy green swirl! Very intriguing!

Happy March 1st!

Poppy