February 19, 2014

Easy Sundried Tomato Pesto Pasta with Chicken




I recently found this Sundried Tomato Pesto at the store.  I thought I would give it a try.  It sounded like a nice departure from the typical spaghetti dinner.


Here are the Ingredients:

- 1 jar of sundried tomato pesto
- Penne pasta (or your favorite shape)
- splash of olive oil
- 1/2 lb. of ground chicken (or turkey)
- frozen peas, cooked
- sprig of thyme (I used mine from the pot on my kitchen counter)



Cook pasta per package directions.  Drain and mix in 2/3 of the jar of Sundried tomato pesto.  Adjust with quantity of pasta.  Add splash of olive oil to help blend ingredients.  Add ground chicken and cooked peas.  Stir altogether, top with sprig of thyme for garnish and serve immediately.  

I made this a second time and substituted the ground chicken for tuna.  It was okay, but I prefer the ground chicken.

This was great for a weeknight meal, with ingredients you can easily have on hand.

I would love to hear if you try it, and know what you think.  What is your favorite meal to make on a weeknight?



No comments: