March 15, 2012

St. Patrick's Day DIY Door Decoration


{this 3-minute door decor is quick just in time for last minute decorating}

I was looking at my lone St.Patrick's Decor in my home and wanted to be more festive.  I found some fun things in the floral store at JoAnn's.

Here is a quick tutorial on how to make your own door decoration.



Supplies:

Hanging basket (mine was on sale!)
Green plant, I liked this moss one
Faux moss rocks (my package had large and small rocks)




Step 1:

Put the plant in the basket, and mold the leaves to look natural.  I stuck a little hot glue on the end just in case it is a windy day.


Step 2:

Hot glue (4) small rocks to basket to look like a 4-leaf clover.



Step 3:

Hang!


You are all set! 

After St. Patrick's Day just turn the basket around
and add some spring tulips for Easter!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the St. Patrick's Day basket. Where did you find it????

the Sweetest Memory said...

Thank you so much! I bought the basket from JoAnn's. It is so versatile, you can put anything in it!

I have it hanging from my glass hutch in the hall right now and it is so pretty.